When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information, and we work hard to protect your it.
Generally, we collect Personal Information from you in order to provide a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
HSA Establishment/Bend Account Registration. We may collect information from you when (i) you establish a health savings account (“HSA”) with a HSA custodian and register such HSA with Bend by establishing a Bend Account to receive Bend Services; (ii) we provide any Service(s) to you; and/or (iii) we respond to any request from you regarding your use of the Bend Services or your Bend Account. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
Protected Health Information. We may collect and store certain health information that you provide in connection with your use of the Bend Services. We may also collect any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Bend Services.
Data collected through the use of the Service. We also collect information about how you use the Bend Services, including any content you submit to us through your Bend Account (e.g., receipts, explanations of benefits, invoices, bills and other information about services or goods you may receive) (“User Content”). Please remember that Bend has no obligation to monitor, or confirm for accuracy, any User Content provided by you.
Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, including but not limited to information provided by others that you have authorized to share information with us, such as health plans, financial institutions, payment card issuers, and/or data aggregation service providers. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. Any of the Personal Information we collect may be used in one or more of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide to receive and use Bend Services may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to Bend Services, in addition to receiving occasional Bend news, updates, and related Service information.
When you access the Bend Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, and location data to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Bend Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance the Bend Services.
Bend does not share, and does not reserve the right to share, your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted or required by applicable law. We may share your Personal Information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below. Instances in which we may share your Personal Information include sharing with: a. Trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or mobile apps, providing Bend Services to you, or maintaining your Bend Account, provided such parties agree to keep any Personal Information about you that they may receive from us confidential. Third parties at your request;
b. Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services
c. Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
• Marketing Communications. You are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of nonpromotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, sending and receiving messages about serving your account, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
• Online Advertising. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our Service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
• Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may deactivate your account in your profile settings. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to delete your account. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others or with social media sites.
The Bend Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, social media sites, and campaign sponsors and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Bend Financial, Inc. 53 State Street, Suite 500 Boston, MA 02109
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, October 15, 2018.